Tecomate Seed - Western Big Game Combo
by Tecomate Wildlife Systems
Tecomate has gone western.
WESTERN BIG GAME COMBO lasts for 2-3 years and contains Prairie Grass, Hybrid Alfalfa, Sweet Clover and Chicory. The development of this product came after years of research by former Tecomate Seed President, Biologist and former Montana resident David Morris. When Tecomate was purchased by the Oregon based seed company, Barenbrug, it became evident that it was time to bring a Western product to the market. Western Big Game Combo was developed for Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer, Elk, Pheasant, and Quail. The high quality Prairie Grass is readily eaten by deer and provides cover for game birds. Sunstra® Hybrid Alfalfa is a source of high quality antler and body building protein. Sweet Clover is a rugged plant that provides nutritious forage for elk and seeds for game birds. Chicory is very beneficial to the elk’s rumen and its long tap root helps it thrive in the West. To insure the best stand Big Game Combo utilizes our proprietary Yellow Jacket seed coating. Best in fertile soils with a pH higher than 6.5. Western Big Game combo is ideal for use in zones 1, 2, & 3.
WESTERN BIG GAME COMBO™
• First mixture ever for western game
• Developed IN the west FOR the west
• First mix with Matua prairie grass
• Produces forage, cover and seed for years
• Provides high protein, high energy throughout the growing season
• Fortified with chicory for good rumen health
Western Big Game Combo Planting Suggestions
1) Plant in a sunny location that has been disked to create a clean, level and firm seedbed.
2) Tecomate recommends liming if the pH is below 6.5 and fertilizing with a phosphorous heavy fertilizer at the rate of 200 to 300 pounds per acre.
3) No-till drill, cultivate and broadcast or cultivate and drill seed. Plant at a rate of 15 pounds per acre. When broadcasting, cover seed by dragging or cultipacking. Plant ½ inch deep in good moisture. Avoid planting too deep. Disking to cover is NOT recommended.
Seed Content: Matua Prairie Grass, Hybrid Alfalfa, Sweet Clover, Chicory
Planting Time: Zones 1 & 2: Spring or Fall
Zones 3 & 4: Fall
Seeding Rate: 15 lbs./acre
Planting Depth: ½ inch
Fertilizer: Use a phosphorous heavy fertilizer
and apply at 200 to 300 lbs./acre
Sunstra: Patented hybrid alfalfa technology. These seeds are covered under one or more of the following U.S. patents, U.S. patent nos. 5,724,767
and 6,051,759, and pending U.S. patent applications. The purchase of these seeds includes a limited license under the above identified patents and
patent applications to produce alfalfa forage crops in the United States. This license does not extend to the use of seed, Plant parts from such crops
or the progeny thereof for propagation seed multiplication, breeding, generation of data, research or genetic engineering activities, including but not
limited to, assisted selection technology, molecular characterization and molecular manipulation.
15 LBS PLANTS 1 ACRE • ORDER #5053
Posted by Tecomate Wildlife Systems on 10/24 at 01:11 PM