Tecomate Seed - DEER PEA PLUS™
Tecomate Wildlife Systems
Expands the summer annual market.
DEER PEA PLUS is the result of Tecomate’s extensive experience with summer annual food plots. Recognizing the limitations of our existing summer annual product line, our regional agronomist went to work developing a mixture that would better meet the needs of hunters and managers in the Northeast and Midwest. The result is a combination of Ebony (a black-seeded pea, proprietary to Tecomate), Long Juvenile Soybean and Hybrid White Grain Milo. The Ebony establishes in cooler soil temperatures which creates a successful plot earlier in the season. The Long Juvenile Soybeans are not sensitive to day length like most soybeans and may be planted early or late season. The soybean forage production is beneficial but the standing crop of beans provides excellent late season feed for deer and other game. White Grain Milo provides a quick establishing screening and trellising plant for the Ebony plants, and the hybrid grain heads provide a high energy feed for game birds and deer. This new mixture is ideal for zones 2, 3, & 4.
DEER PEA PLUS™
• The longest growing pea/bean plot available
• Survives cooler, early season planting for premium spring protein
• Excellent choice for legume plots in the northeast and midwest
• Produces beans 75 days after planting date
• Contains a special variety of “Long Juvenile Soybean” that out-produces other bean varieties and matures with succulent beans late in the fall Seed Content: Ebony Peas, Long Juvenile Soybeans, Hybrid White Grain Milo
Deer Pea Plus Planting Suggestions
1) Plant in a sunny location that has been disked to create a clean, level and firm seedbed.
2) Tecomate recommends liming if the pH is below 5.8 and fertilizing with a phosphorous heavy fertilizer at the rate of 200 to 300 pounds per acre.
3) No-till drill, cultivate and broadcast or cultivate and drill seed. Plant at a rate of 22 pounds per acre. When broadcasting, cover seed by dragging or cultipacking or lightly disking. Plant ½ inch deep in good moisture.
Planting Time: Zones 2, 3, & 4: Early Spring
Seeding Rate: 22 lbs./acre
Planting Depth: ½ inch
Fertilizer: Use a high phosphorous fertilizer and apply at 200 to 300 lbs./acre
22 LBS PLANTS 1 ACRE • ORDER # 310
11 LBS PLANTS ½ ACRE • ORDER # 300
Tecomate Wildlife Systems on 10/24 at 12:52 PM