Tecomate Seed - Alpha XTreme
Tecomate Wildlife Systems
Patented hybrid alfalfa mixture.
ALPHA XTREME contains patented Sunstra® Hybrid Alfalfa; proven to provide more digestibility and palatability than traditional alfalfa. Everybody knows that Alfalfa grows trophy bucks and naturally attracts deer; our new Alpha XTreme takes that to the next level. Nutritionally, alfalfa is excellent and performs better than White Clover under more arid conditions. The challenge with traditional alfalfa is that it has been developed for hay production and does not tolerate close and constant browse pressure. Alpha XTreme was developed to tolerate deer and elk browsing pressure. Hybrid alfalfa establishes better and produces more tonnage per acre than conventional alfalfa. The finer stemmed and leafier hybrid alfalfa also has better regrowth than traditional hay type alfalfa. We combine patented Sunstra Hybrid Alfalfa with our proprietary Red Clover and Chicory to deliver the best perennial food plot for areas with well drained, fertile soil with a pH greater than 6.5. To insure the best stand we have treated the seed with our proprietary Yellow Jacket coating. Alpha XTreme is ideal for use in all zones.
• Perennial plants come back year after year
• Attracts whitetail, elk and mule deer
• Hybrid alfalfa has a finer stem and more digestible leaf
• Recovers quickly from heavy browsing
• Establishes quickly for healthier stands
Alpha XTreme Planting Suggestions
1) Plant in a sunny location that has been disked to create a clean, level and firm seedbed.
2) Tecomate recommends liming if the pH is below 6.5 and fertilizing with a phosphorous heavy fertilizer at the rate of 200 to 300 pounds per acre. Inoculating with Cowpea Inoculant will improve nitrogen fixation.
3) No-till drill, cultivate and broadcast or cultivate and drill seed. Plant at a rate of 10 pounds per acre. When broadcasting, cover the seeds by either lightly dragging or cultipacking. Plant 1/8 to ¼ inch deep in moist soil. Avoid planting too deep.
4) Use 250 pounds per acre of 5-10-10 fertilizer for green-up. Maintain the Alpha XTreme plot with an annual application of 100 pounds per acre of potash. Periodic clipping of the food plot will reduce the need for herbicides and assist Alpha XTreme in out-growing the undesirable weeds.
Seed Content: Sunstra® Hybrid Alfalfa
Planting Time: Zones 1 & 2: Spring
Zones 3 & 4: Fall
Seeding Rate: 10 lbs./acre
Planting Depth: 1/8 to ¼ inch
Fertilizer: Use a balanced fertilizer such as 5-10-10 or similar and apply at 200 to 300 lbs./acre
Sunstra: Patented hybrid alfalfa technology. These seeds are covered under one or more of the following U.S. patents, U.S. patent nos. 5,724,767 and 6,051,759, and pending U.S. patent applications. The purchase of these seeds includes a limited license under the above identified patents and patent applications to produce alfalfa forage crops in the United States. This license does not extend to the use of seed, Plant parts from such crops or the progeny thereof for propagation seed multiplication, breeding, generation of data, research or genetic engineering activities, including but not limited to, assisted selection technology, molecular characterization and molecular manipulation.
10 LBS PLANTS 1 ACRE • ORDER # 1950
Tecomate Wildlife Systems on 10/24 at 01:10 PM